Sound On Sound editor’s pick for Gear Of The Year 2019
Wonderful recognition from the editors of Sound On Sound Magazine, the Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors have been selected as a Editors' Pick for Gear Of The Year 2019.
We are proud to announce our Nomination in the Prestigious SOS Global Reader Awards
SOUND ON SOUND - Glowing Product Review
"The World's Premier Music Recording Technology Magazine"
I am not exaggerating when I say that the hair stood up on the back of my neck whilst listening to it through the Jones-Scanlon studio monitors.
Read Full 3 Page Stunning Review on Sound On Sound website ►
I knew I had to have them, the Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors are hands down my new favorite monitors. After hearing these I tracked down the manufacturer unsolicited. Full Review ►Krish Sharma (Rolling Stones Recording Engineer)
With my passion, years of experience as a pro bass player, writer, producer, solo artist & designer of the Wayne Jones Audio bass products. In conjunction with Steve Scanlon, Australia’s #1 award winning studio & live engineer & Michail Barabasz of Lorantz Audio with his years of speaker design & manufacturing we have designed the Jones/Scanlon Monitors.
Now you can enjoy them as much as we do.Wayne Jones
- Finish - Stunning 2 Pak Automotive paint finish with high gloss clear coats
- Standard finish choices are Red, Black & White
- Available in custom colours. Match your décor, order your preferred colour
- Woodwork 19mm MDF
Cabinet Specs - for each cabinet:
- Power – 650 Watts RMS powered
- Channel 1 Woofer – 500 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms
- Channel 2 Tweeter – 150 Watts RMS @ 8ohms
- Power Amp – State of the art D Class switch mode 2 channel power amp with heat sink plate mounted into the rear of the cabinet
- Power Amp frequency - 20 Hz – 20 KHz
- Cabinet tuning – 38 Hz to 20KHz
- Cabinet response - Half loudness Graphed down to 28Hz
- HPF on Room EQ only at 38 Hz
- Drivers – 2 custom made Wayne Jones 10” drivers with Aluminium cast frames, specially formulated Eucalyptus cone pulp, Kevlar impregnated cones.
- Voice coil – 3”
- Magnet – Massive Ferrite
- Tweeter – Faital, 1” Voice coil
- Crossover point – 2.4Khz
- Control plate – Black Steel
- Mains Power in – Standard IEC
DSP & Control Plate Features
- Inputs - XLR balanced & SPDIF digital inputs
- USB connector for WJ Audio use only. Used for software updates
- Custom DSP - 192 KHz SHARC processing
- 3 Toggle switches with selections
- SPDIF - Left & Right
- 2 Room EQ switches - Choice of four Room EQ settings to suit your control room acoustics
- Centre position is Flat – Undeniably accurate
- LED on Control Panel for power operation.
Single Monitor Dimensions:
- 33 x 45 x 50 cm
- 13 x 18 x 20 inches
Single Monitor Weight:
- 26.2 kg
- 58 lbs
Shipping Dimensions & Weights (shipped as pair):
Carton - Double thickness cartons lined with high density die cast foam for ultimate protection.
W 80 x H 67 x D 60 cm = Total 207 cm (26.4 x 31.5 x 23.6 Ins)
63 kg / 139 lbs
Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors are packaged with Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio Edition with Mic
The Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors are incredibly accurate in all areas. For potential room acoustic issues we bundle the Sonarworks Ref 4 measurement and correction program.
Sonarworks program is for room acoustic issues and not a simple fix for lessor quality speakers. It always starts with the source and the Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors, with their incredible flat response, are significantly the most advanced source currently available. Combined with Sonarworks Ref 4 measurement the ultimate perfection for any room is secured.
Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio Edition with Mic Includes:
- Reference 4 Measure - step-by-step guide
- XREF20 calibration microphone with individual calibration curve - the mic alongside Reference 4 Measure guarantees maximum precision
- Reference 4 Systemwide - Sonarworks SR applied to all audio output
- Reference 4 Plugin - Sonarworks SR with zero latency in your DAW
- Headphone profiles - See the list of supported models here:
As these are custom & hand made in Australia there could be a wait time of up to 8 weeks from time of order
50% required at time of order with balance payable when ready to ship
International shipping is by FedEx Air
Shipping & local duties & taxes are the customers responsibility
N.B. Australia currently has free trade agreement with USA
Warranty is 3 year limited on all parts & Labour
Shipping costs are calculated on the Checkout page.
N.B. The buyer is responsible for paying any additional costs such as duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees.