Sound On Sound editor’s pick for Gear Of The Year 2019
Wonderful recognition from the editors of Sound On Sound Magazine, the Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors have been selected as a Editors' Pick for Gear Of The Year 2019.
We are proud to announce our Nomination in the Prestigious SOS Global Reader Awards
SOUND ON SOUND - Glowing Product Review
"The World's Premier Music Recording Technology Magazine"
I am not exaggerating when I say that the hair stood up on the back of my neck whilst listening to it through the Jones-Scanlon studio monitors.
Read Full 3 Page Stunning Review on Sound On Sound website ►
I knew I had to have them, the Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors are hands down my new favorite monitors. After hearing these I tracked down the manufacturer unsolicited. Full Review ►Krish Sharma (Rolling Stones Recording Engineer)
With my passion, years of experience as a pro bass player, writer, producer, solo artist & designer of the Wayne Jones Audio bass products. In conjunction with Steve Scanlon, Australia’s #1 award winning studio & live engineer & Michail Barabasz of Lorantz Audio with his years of speaker design & manufacturing we have designed the Jones/Scanlon Monitors.
Now you can enjoy them as much as we do.Wayne Jones
- Finish - Stunning 2 Pak Automotive paint finish with high gloss clear coats
- Standard finish choices are Red, Graphite, Black & White
- Available in custom colours. Match your décor, order your preferred colour
- Woodwork 18mm MDF
Cabinet Specs - for each cabinet:
- Power: 650 Watts RMS powered
- Channel 1 Bass-Mid: 500 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms
- Channel 2 Tweeter: 150 Watts RMS @ 8ohms
- Power Amp: State of the art D Class switch mode 2 channel power amp with heat sink plate mounted into the rear of the cabinet
- Power Amp frequency: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Cabinet tuning: 35 Hz to 20 kHz
- Cabinet response: Half loudness Graphed down to 28Hz
- HPF switch at 30 Hz
- Driver: Custom made Wayne Jones 10” driver with Aluminium cast frames, specially formulated Kevlar impregnated eucalyptus pulp cone.
- Voice coil: 3"
- Magnet: Massive Ferrite
- Tweeter: 1.46" Voice coil
- Crossover point: 2.4 kHz
- Control plate: Black Steel
- Universal Mains Power in: Standard IEC
DSP & Control Plate Features
- Inputs: XLR Analogue Balanced
- Custom DSP - 192k SHARC processing
- USB connector for WJ Audio use only. Used for software updates
- 3 Toggle switches with selections
- Inputs: XLR Analogue
- 2 Room EQ switches
- Centre positions are flat – undeniably accurate
- Room 1: Preset with slight boost at 92.8 Hz and 143 Hz
- Room 2 & 3: for WJ Audio future programming
- HPF: 30 Hz
- LED on Control Panel for power operation.
Single Monitor Dimensions:
- 33 x 45 x 50 cm
- 13 x 18 x 20 inches
Single Monitor Weight:
- 26.2 kg
- 58 lbs
Shipping Dimensions & Weights (shipped as pair on 1/2 size pallet):
Pallet included in shipping weight & dimensions. Carton - Double thickness cartons lined with high density die cast foam for ultimate protection.
W 60 x H 66 x D 80 cm = Total 206 cm (23.6 x 26 x 31.4 Ins)
61 kg / 135 lbs
Packaged with SoundID Reference & Microphone From Sonarworks
The Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors are incredibly accurate in all areas. For potential room acoustic issues we bundle SoundID Reference with mic from Sonarworks measurement and correction program. Read More ►
SoundID Reference from Sonarworks is for room acoustic issues and not a simple fix for lessor quality speakers. It always starts with the source and the Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors, with their incredible flat response, are significantly the most advanced source currently available. Combined with Sonarworks' SoundID Reference measurement the ultimate perfection for any room is secured.
SoundID Reference from Sonarworks includes:
- SoundID Reference Measure - step-by-step guide
- XREF20 calibration microphone with individual calibration curve - the mic alongside SoundID Reference Measure guarantees maximum precision
- SoundID Reference Systemwide - Sonarworks SR applied to all audio output
- SoundID Reference Plugin - zero latency in your DAW
- Headphone profiles - See the list of supported models here:
As these are custom & hand made in Australia there could be a wait time of up to 8 weeks from time of order
50% required at time of order with balance payable when ready to ship
International shipping is by DHL
Shipping & local duties & taxes are the customers responsibility
N.B. Australia currently has free trade agreement with USA
Warranty is 3 year limited on all parts & Labour
Shipping costs are calculated on the Checkout page.
N.B. The buyer is responsible for paying any additional costs such as duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees.